[strongSwan] Strongswan on android gingerbread

Federico.Mancini at ffi.no Federico.Mancini at ffi.no
Tue Oct 11 11:08:03 CEST 2011

Hi again,
Thanks a lot for the previous answers and sorry to having to bother you again with a question probably not even related to StrongSwan.
I suddenly found out that the emulator I use, that is probably created after the build of the modified android source tree (in out/host/linux_x86/bin),
apparently has no connectivity. It says that "no SIM card" is present and no 3G icon appears. In other words, no internet access.
Other android emulators from the SDK work perfectly. So, trying to understand the source of the problem, can you confirm that this strange behavior should
not depend on the StrongSwan integration/patches? (I know I could recompile everything without strongswan and try the emulator, but it took me 3 weeks to
get a "working" patched android and I'd rather not touch it unless really necessary :).

Thanks again,
Federico