[strongSwan] Help with UNITY_SAVE_PASSWD attribute

Tobias Brunner tobias at strongswan.org
Mon Nov 28 14:19:32 CET 2011

Hi Chris,

> If anyone could help me out in figuring out why:
>
> A) the attr plugin doesn't seem to be working

I looked into that and it seems the attr plugin only supports IP
addresses and subnets as values (i.e. no strings or ints).  The attr-sql
plugin [1] supports more types, so that might be worth a try to avoid
having to change the code.

> B) if I'm sending down the value incorrectly in my hack inside modecfg.c

No, the changes to pluto look fine.  Whether the value is correct I
don't know, but racoon at least uses the same.

Are you sure the iPhone actually supports this attribute?  I'm not sure
but I suppose Apple uses racoon in iOS, which actually ignores this
attribute when used as client.  At least by default, could be that they
somehow added support for it, though.

Regards,
Tobias

[1] http://wiki.strongswan.org/projects/strongswan/wiki/AttrSQL