[strongSwan] route disappears on PPP renegotiation

Tobias Brunner tobias at strongswan.org
Wed Nov 9 18:14:05 CET 2011

Hi Mirko,

> However, I found another problem, possibly related, which can be
> reproduced as follows with Strongswan 4.6.0:
>
> - setup the test scenario as in ikev2/net2net-cert (ignoring winnetou)
> - replace the ethernet link between moon and sun by a serial line,
>   run PPP on it with the IP addresses that were previously on ethernet
> - start the IPsec tunnel -> route in table 220 is OK
> - trigger PPP renegotiation -> route is gone
>
> Charon log: see attachment.

Hm, I don't see that charon is actually able to find a new route to the
other host.  The last log entries are

Nov  9 17:32:55 moon charon: 03[KNL] interface ppp0 activated
Nov  9 17:32:55 moon charon: 12[KNL] creating roam job due to address/link change
Nov  9 17:32:55 moon charon: 12[KNL] getting address to reach 192.168.0.2

Could it be that the log is truncated?

Regards,
Tobias