[strongSwan] FTPS over IPSec

Alexandre Chapellon a.chapellon at horoa.net
Tue Nov 8 16:06:37 CET 2011

I guess you have your reasons.... but I can hardly imagine why you would
*require* FTP/TLS over IPsec.
Anyway... If your problem appears when you turn on firewall , the first
things that comes to my mind is FTP passive mode not being compatible
with iptables contracking helpers.... Indeed, as the connection is
encrypted, there is no way for iptables to dynamicly open ports related
with the initial FTP connection.
Is this is your problem the workaround is to define passive port range
and allow the whole range in your iptables rules.

I don't think this is related to strongswan in any way...