[strongSwan] what could cause strongswan 4.3.2 to freeze up

Simon Chan simon.chan3 at yahoo.ca
Tue Nov 8 08:38:24 CET 2011

Hi Martin,

Thank you for the response. Hope I can reproduce the condition in my test
network here and put the bt command to good use.

At the mean time, management think that waiting for the bug to happen is not
good enough. I need to dive into the code and look for possible ways to
induce the bug to happen here. If you can point out where in the code charon
acquires lock or mutex etc that will be a great help.
Can you also shed some light on how the threads are organized? I mean does
each thread has a dedicated function or are they all the same.
Can't find out where those threads get created.

Best Regards,
SC