[strongSwan] EAP-SIM Identity Request/Response

Andreas Steffen andreas.steffen at strongswan.org
Tue May 24 21:59:21 CEST 2011

Hello,

the EAP Identity exchange is optional with strongSwan.

These EAP-SIM scenarios don't use EAP Identity:

http://www.strongswan.org/uml/testresults45/ikev2/rw-eap-sim-rsa

http://www.strongswan.org/uml/testresults45/ikev2/rw-eap-sim-radius/

whereas this scenario does:

http://www.strongswan.org/uml/testresults45/ikev2/rw-eap-sim-id-radius/

If a RADIUS server or a strongSwan gateway with eap_identity=%any
requests EAP Identity then the client must define

  eap_identity=<my EAP identity>

otherwise EAP identity is just omitted.

Regards

Andreas