[strongSwan] StrongSwan Cross Compile

Martin Willi martin at strongswan.org
Thu May 19 09:59:04 CEST 2011

Hi Larry,

> I use the following make command after configuring:

> make CROSS_COMPILE=mb-linux- LIBTOOL=mb-linux-libtool CC=mb-linux-gcc
> AR=mb-linux-ar RANLIB=mb-linux-ranlib

> undefined reference to `pthread_condattr_setclock'
> undefined reference to `__sync_fetch_and_add_4'
> undefined reference to `register_printf_specifier'
> undefined reference to `__sync_sub_and_fetch_4'

The existence of all these functions is tested during ./configure.
Instead of passing our mb-linux tools to make, you should pass them to
configure (or have a look at the --host ./configure option). The
autotools build system then will take care of cross compilation, and the
tests for these functions are evaluated against your mb-linux toolchain.