[strongSwan] Problems with Mac computers

Tica ticagugino at gmail.com
Tue May 3 17:16:51 CEST 2011

Hello everybody,

I'm needing a little help with a VPN using strongSwan.

I have two sites running perfectly with strongSwan, but recently we started
to use (in both sites) Mac computers (with Snow Leopard)... Then some
problems came up.

Some applications and / or protocols do not work properly, such as Bonjour,
iChat, Remote Desktop (VNC) (for Macs only), buddylist, etc...

Everything about PC Computers and Windows works without problems... but
these problems with Mac OSs are driving me crazy.

Am I missing something? Do I need to configure something extra in the
StrongSwan configs to make this work? Any tips?

Thanks in advance!

PS: This is the ipsec.conf I'm using:

config setup
        charonstart=yes