[strongSwan] Are there any Strongswan alternatives for OpenSwan's "addcon"?

Ansis Atteka ansisatteka.dev at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 03:16:34 CEST 2011

Hello,

What I am trying to accomplish is to dynamically add tunnels without
restarting IPsec service.

So far I guess that there are two solutions available in StrongSwan:
1. To use SQL plugins. I guess that they work only with Charon (hence
only for ikev2) and not with Pluto daemon, right? or
2. To use "ipsec update" command.

Maybe there are any other alternatives? I need to port one application
that currently uses OpenSwan addcon feature to the Strongswan with
minimal source code changes.

Regards,
Ansis