[strongSwan] Strongswan on android

Tobias Brunner tobias at strongswan.org
Tue Mar 22 08:32:01 CET 2011

Hi Antoine,

> PS:The custom kernel is not yet built because I have planned to it after
> compiling the entire android sources including strongswan. It should
> normally won't be disturbing?

No, you can build that later without problem.

> external/strongswan-4.5.1/src/libstrongswan/settings.c:23:18: error:
> glob.h: No such file or directory
> The compiler doesn't find the glob.h file. Indeed this file is part of
> the glibc library of my linux host system but is not present in the libc
> for android, provided in DROID_ROOT/bionic. Android seems to have a
> partial support of the glibc.

With 4.5.1 we introduced the "include" keyword for strongswan.conf,
which allows to use file patterns (e.g. include /etc/ipsec.d/*.conf).
Resolving such patterns uses the glob function declared in glob.h.
Which as you saw is not provided by the C library on Android.  This
issue has already been reported last week [1], and I will push a fix for
it as soon as possible.

Regards,
Tobias

[1] http://wiki.strongswan.org/issues/125