[strongSwan] Porting to uclinux no mmu-version

David McCullough david_mccullough at mcafee.com
Thu Mar 17 15:34:36 CET 2011

Jivin ChihWei lays it down ...
> Hi David,
>
> Yes, I know uclinux-nommu has IPSec solution Openswan,
> However, Openswan is IKEv1 solution not IKEv2.

Openswan has IKEv2 support,  has for some time.  I don't think it's as
mature as the Strongswan support,  but I am no IKEv2 expert.

> In fact, I don't know what's the difference between those two
> version........
> I also find someone said Openswan support some IKEv2 features.
> But, I cannot find more info. describing this.
> Could you give me some idea about the difference between IKEv1 and
> IKEv2, and what is the level Openswan support IKEv2?

To be honest I am not sure on this myself.  Probably best to ask
on the openswan list to see whats lacking in it's implemntation.

Cheers,
Davidm

David McCullough,      david_mccullough at mcafee.com,  Ph:+61 734352815
McAfee - SnapGear      http://www.mcafee.com         http://www.uCdot.org