[strongSwan] IKE_SA gets deleted with no recovery after NTP update

Pisano, Stephen G (Stephen) Stephen.Pisano at alcatel-lucent.com
Fri Mar 11 12:11:59 CET 2011

Hi Martin:

Thanks.

Eduardo will follow-up on the monotonic time source lead you provided, but I have a question regarding your second comment.

We thought it was possible (and we think we have it configured this way) to have strongSwan try to establish its connections forever.  I assumed this should be the case even if there is a hard rekey timeout.  Further, I assumed regardless of what happens (short of something catastrophic/fatal, like the unavailability of a critical system resource), strongSwan should always keep trying, forever.  Is this an incorrect assumption?

Regards,
Stephen