[strongSwan] One IPsec client talk to another through the SeGW ?

Graham Hudspith graham.hudspith at gmail.com
Fri Mar 4 13:48:25 CET 2011

Andreas,

Thanks for that. Unfortunately, all of these abstract labels are making my
head hurt. Let's try some real numbers.

Host A and Host B have local IP addresses in the 192.16.50.xxx subnet.

The SeGW has an unsecure IP address (i.e. on eth0) in the 172.16.xxx.xxx
subnet and a secure IP address (i.e. on eth1) in the 172.17.xxx.xxx subnet.

The SeGW is configured to hand out virtual IP addresses to Hosts A and B
using the 10.15.xxx.xxx subnet.

So, we want Host A to be able to talk to other entities in the 10.15.xxx.xxx
subnet using IPsec (i.e. Host A <-> Host B via SeGW) and ALSO we want Host A
and Host B to be able to talk to entities on the secure side of the SeGW
(i.e. other servers on the 172.17.xxx.xxx subnet).

So, currently, on the SeGW we have:

conn a-b-gw

left=segw.foobar.com
leftsubnet=0.0.0.0/0