[strongSwan] scepclient problem

Wegener, Norbert Norbert.Wegener at siemens.com
Thu Mar 3 16:29:03 CET 2011

I downloaded and untar-ed strongswan-4.5.1
After that the usual ./configure && make && make install
succeeded.
Unfortunately the following command issued these messages:
ipsec scepclient -A --out caCert --url http://demchac5p20.mynedt.net/CertSrv/mscep/mscep.dll -f
| plugin 'aes': failed to load - aes_plugin_create not found
| plugin 'aes': loaded successfully
| plugin 'des': failed to load - des_plugin_create not found
| plugin 'des': loaded successfully
| plugin 'sha1': failed to load - sha1_plugin_create not found
| plugin 'sha1': loaded successfully
| plugin 'sha2': failed to load - sha2_plugin_create not found
| plugin 'sha2': loaded successfully
| plugin 'md5': failed to load - md5_plugin_create not found
| plugin 'md5': loaded successfully
| plugin 'random': failed to load - random_plugin_create not found
| plugin 'random': loaded successfully
| plugin 'x509': failed to load - x509_plugin_create not found
| plugin 'x509': loaded successfully
| plugin 'pkcs1': failed to load - pkcs1_plugin_create not found
| plugin 'pkcs1': loaded successfully
| plugin 'pem': failed to load - pem_plugin_create not found
| plugin 'pem': loaded successfully
| plugin 'gmp': failed to load - gmp_plugin_create not found
| plugin 'gmp': loaded successfully
  loaded plugins: aes des sha1 sha2 md5 random x509 pkcs1 pem gmp

strace unveiled, that the comman was busy reading /dev/random for a dew minutes and then it died.
I installed  strongswan  on an Ubuntu 10.10.

With best regards,
Norbert Wegener
Siemens IT Solutions and Services
SIS GO NW PSU SDC AS&INS
Bruchstraße 5
45883 Gelsenkirchen, Germany
Tel.: +49 (209) 94565716
Fax: +49 (201) 8165581284
mailto:norbert.wegener at siemens.com

Siemens IT Solutions and Services GmbH: Geschäftsführer: Christian Oecking, Martin Bentler, Rainer-Christian Koppitz, Thomas Zimmermann; Sitz der Gesellschaft: München, Deutschland; Registergericht: München, HRB 184933