[strongSwan] TNCCS-2.0 - radius

Andreas Steffen andreas.steffen at strongswan.org
Tue Jun 28 21:59:03 CEST 2011

Hello Terry,

I assume that you are using FreeRADIUS with the TNC at FHH patch which
supports IF-TNCCS 1.1 only. At the TCG Members Meeting in Munich
two weeks ago I talked to Josef von Helden from FH Hannover and he
said that they might support IF-TNCCS 2.0 sometime in the future.

You can build strongSwan with both tnccs-11 and tnccs-20 enabled
and can then specify the protocol to be used in strongswan.conf

http://www.strongswan.org/uml/testresults45dr/tnc/tnccss-20/carol.strongswan.conf

with tnccs-11 being the default. If you use a strongSwan VPN
gateway as a TNC server (without an external RADIUS server)
then you can additionally enable the tnccs-dynamic plugin
which automatically detects whether the TNC client is using
the 1.1 or 2.0 protocol.

http://www.strongswan.org/uml/testresults45dr/tnc/tnccs-dynamic/moon.strongswan.conf

Best regards

Andreas