[strongSwan] StrongSwan Cross Compile for powerpc. Issue.

Varvara Andrei-B21317 B21317 at freescale.com
Wed Jun 22 18:35:12 CEST 2011

Hello.

I want to crosscompile strong swan for powerpc. Here is how I did and I'll tell you what my problem is later.

./configure --host=/opt/freescale/usr/local/gcc-4.5.55-eglibc-2.11.55/powerpc-linux-gnu/bin/powerpc-linux-gnu --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --disable-charo

make

make DESTDIR=/home/andreiv/work/projects/4080/sdk/ltib/rootfs install   # this is done in order to install it in rootfs but the installation is in /usr

So no problems till now. When I boot linux and the Pulto deamon starts it give me this error:

Starting IKEv1 pluto daemon (strongSwan 4.5.2) THREADS VENDORID
plugin 'aes' failed to load: /usr/libexec/ipsec/plugins/libstrongswan-aes.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
plugin 'des' failed to load: /usr/libexec/ipsec/plugins/libstrongswan-des.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
plugin 'sha1' failed to load: /usr/libexec/ipsec/plugins/libstrongswan-sha1.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
plugin 'sha2' failed to load: /usr/libexec/ipsec/plugins/libstrongswan-sha2.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
plugin 'md5' failed to load: /usr/libexec/ipsec/plugins/libstrongswan-md5.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
plugin 'random' failed to load: /usr/libexec/ipsec/plugins/libstrongswan-random.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
plugin 'x509' failed to load: /usr/libexec/ipsec/plugins/libstrongswan-x509.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
plugin 'pkcs1' failed to load: /usr/libexec/ipsec/plugins/libstrongswan-pkcs1.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
plugin 'pgp' failed to load: /usr/libexec/ipsec/plugins/libstrongswan-pgp.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
plugin 'dnskey' failed to load: /usr/libexec/ipsec/plugins/libstrongswan-dnskey.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
plugin 'pem' failed to load: /usr/libexec/ipsec/plugins/libstrongswan-pem.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
plugin 'gmp' failed to load: /usr/libexec/ipsec/plugins/libstrongswan-gmp.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
plugin 'hmac' failed to load: /usr/libexec/ipsec/plugins/libstrongswan-hmac.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
plugin 'xauth' failed to load: /usr/libexec/ipsec/plugins/libstrongswan-xauth.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
plugin 'attr' failed to load: /usr/libexec/ipsec/plugins/libstrongswan-attr.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
plugin 'kernel-netlink' failed to load: /usr/libexec/ipsec/plugins/libstrongswan-kernel-netlink.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
plugin 'resolve' failed to load: /usr/libexec/ipsec/plugins/libstrongswan-resolve.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
loaded plugins:
secret initialization failed, no RNG supported
initialization failed - aborting Pluto

analizing the tree I realize that I don't have the so library. I have every file that it wants but with different extention. ".a and .la"

I saw in the configure help --enable-shared is by default true.

SO my question is why the make does not produce the .so shared library

Many thanks if you try to help me and good luck.

Andrei VARVARA
Software Engineer
Freescale Semiconductor Romania S.R.L
45, Tudor Vladimirescu Street
Tati Business Center
Bucharest 050881, Romania
www.freescale.com<http://www.freescale.com/>
e-mail: andrei.varvara at freescale.com<mailto:andrei.varvara at freescale.com>
This e-mail, and any associated attachments have been classified as:
[ ] Public
[x] Freescale Semiconductor Internal Use Only
[ ] Freescale Semiconductor Confidential Proprietary