[strongSwan] ipsec detection on isc dhcpd

Martin Willi martin at strongswan.org
Fri Jul 15 08:35:39 CEST 2011

Hi,

> 1) I'm hoping DHCP will, (connection specific DNS suffix, which
> allows hostname to resolve instead of hostname.example.com)

No, IKEv2 does not specify an attribute to assign DNS suffix'. It would
be possible to write such an extension, but this won't work with Windows
clients.

You can specify the DNS suffix on the VPN connection manually, but this
probably isn't what you want.

> 2) farp doesn't seem to be working for me without dhcp, nor does routing of any
> sort, and I'm hoping that using dhcp will fix that.

No, the farp plugin works independently of the pool backend. There must
be another problem.