[strongSwan] strongswan multiple iterations?

luxInteg lux-integ at btconnect.com
Mon Jul 11 19:45:35 CEST 2011

Hello
it is a few years since I played with strongswan or indeed participated on
this list.

I have a fledgling  (all-linux-based) project which I would like to implement
strongswan on but I am unsure.  It is as follows;

--1) I have a linux router with a private lan and  already with strongswan
(not much used currently),
--2) The router mentioned above has  a subnet with a few public-internet
adresses,
--3) I want to use on of the public addesses   to host an ssh server

here are my ponderings?
a) can two iterations of strongswan be run on the same network  -one on the
main router and the other on the ssh server?
b) if a) is true, can ipsec traffic be routed directly to the ssh server
though the main router  has the ipsec daemon running ?

advice would be appreciated

sincerely
lux-integ