[strongSwan] trying to configure strongswan to act like a windows7 client

Martin Willi martin at strongswan.org
Mon Jul 11 14:01:34 CEST 2011

> I wonder how I could have the strongswan to do enable config pull?

> modeconfig=pull

The modeconfig keyword is for IKEv1 only. To request a virtual IP, set
leftsourceip=%config. Charon then asks for a virtual IP and for a
nameserver.

Nameservers are installed to resolv.conf if you enable the resolve
plugin. Alternatively, with our nm plugin [1], charon passes the
nameserver to NetworkManager, which then handles resolv.conf handling.

[1]http://wiki.strongswan.org/projects/strongswan/wiki/NetworkManager