[strongSwan] strongswan for iPad

Lars Hjersted lars at hjersted.com
Mon Jul 4 15:21:32 CEST 2011

> Hi guys,
>
> I set up a strongswan4.5.2 on Cent OS 4.3 to supports iPad based on the document below:
> http://wiki.strongswan.org/projects/strongswan/wiki/IOS_(Apple)
> The iPad and vpn server are in the same subnet, no NAT, but the iPad
> gets a error message: The vpn server did not respond.
>  It's urgent,  who can help me? Thanks in advance.
> --
> zhezh80

How are you specifying the server in the iPad client (LAN IP address)? Can
you provide your ipsec.conf and strongSwan logs from the server? Do you
have any other clients in the same subnet that are able to connect to the
server?

The server should at least see the connection attempt, otherwise make sure
that the server is indeed listening on the appropriate interface and that
there are not any firewalls blocking the relevant ports and protocols on
that interface. If the server does see the connection attempt then the
server logs should provide a clue.

-Lars