[strongSwan] NO_PROPOSAL_CHOSEN with ikev2

Martin Willi martin at strongswan.org
Fri Jan 28 08:22:50 CET 2011

Hi,

> parsed IKE_SA_INIT response 0 [ N(NO_PROP) ]
> received NO_PROPOSAL_CHOSEN notify error

The responder either didn't like the proposal, or couldn't find a
matching connection at all for the used IPs.

> I see the following debug output from the gateway:

Your gateway log does not help much, as it does not show the relevant
parts. Please set the loglevels [1] to "default = 1" and "cfg = 2" and
post what you get during the connection attempt.

[1]http://wiki.strongswan.org/projects/strongswan/wiki/LoggerConfiguration