[strongSwan] Compile StrongSwan for Maemo Linux hitch

Martin Willi martin at strongswan.org
Wed Jan 26 10:02:04 CET 2011

Hi Martin,

> I'm trying to build strongswan v. 4.5.0 for Maemo Linux Paltform.

Our developer Tobias ported strongSwan to Maemo and built a graphical
configuration applet (but for IKEv2, only).

The Debian scripts for the IKEv2 daemon are available from [1], the
frontend including build scripts from [2]. These are not yet part of the
distribution, you'll have to build from git [3].

> I downloaded the source  of strongswan 4.5.0 , first complied
> dependency which were lgmp - gmp-5.0.1

As OpenSSL is on the device anyway, you might switch to that crypto
backend (--enable-openssl --disable-gmp ..., see Debian/rules).

> The kernel that I'm using is enhanced one ( standard one does not have
> needed modules included)
> which is kernel-power v.46 and kernel-power-headers,

Yes, Tobias requested the required IPsec modules for kernel-power, v.46
should work fine.

> /home/mven/VPN/ipsec/strongswan-4.5.0/src/libstrongswan/plugins/aes/aes_plugin.c:57: undefined reference to `lib'

Hard to say what's the problem. The package above uses a monolithic
build (--enable-monolithic), maybe it helps. Tobias probably knows more.

[1]http://git.strongswan.org/?p=strongswan.git;a=tree;f=packages/strongswan-maemo/debian
[2]http://git.strongswan.org/?p=strongswan.git;a=tree;f=src/frontends/maemo
[3]http://git.strongswan.org/?p=strongswan.git;a=blob;f=HACKING