[strongSwan] Topology of interconnected networks

Jan Vejvalka jan.vejvalka at datim.cz
Tue Jan 18 00:51:43 CET 2011

Hi *,

  I have successfully connected two networks via StrongSwan, using
the http://www.strongswan.org/uml/testresults/ikev1/net2net-psk/
example.

My problem now is that my leftsubnet (a C-address) falls into the
rightsubnet range (an A-address).

When setting my strongswan.conf in this way, the tunnel works, but
machines in my network (leftsubnet) can't reach the gateway.

There's an easy way around by splitting the connection into a number of
connections whose rightsubnets are disjoint with my leftsubnet. Is this
the only way ? Isn't there a more elegant way to do it ?

Thanks for your help,

Jan