[strongSwan] Strongswan & Android

mail at fraig.de mail at fraig.de
Wed Jan 12 15:51:40 CET 2011

Hi *,

I just became aware of the successful attempt to port strongSwan to
Google's Android platform. As far as I understand, one can get it running
by applying the strongSwan patches to the sources of the vanilla 2.2
kernel as well as Android's VPN frontend. The resulting binaries can then
be installed into the Android emulator or onto an actual Android device
with root access (did anyone actually try that?).

Is there any attempt to get strongSwan integrated directly into Google's
original sources, such that it eventually gets distributed to new Android
devices by default?

Regards
  Florian