[strongSwan] ike_sa_init on port 4500

Yaron Sheffer yaronf.ietf at gmail.com
Thu Feb 24 22:27:45 CET 2011

Hi tsaitgaist,

just a quick educational rant, please don't take it personally:

you are referring to a 5-year old Internet draft, version -02 of
draft-eronen-.... Internet drafts are, as the name implies, temporary.
They expire after 6 months and normally should not be cited as
references. If you look at the top of the document you cite, you can see
it was eventually replaced by a (permanent) RFC,
http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4718. If you follow that link, you will
see that RFC 4718 was recently obsoleted by
http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5996. RFC 5996 is the authoritative text
on IKEv2 right now.

Thanks,
	Yaron