[strongSwan] Is eap_identity configuration supported?

Andreas Steffen andreas.steffen at strongswan.org
Thu Feb 24 17:19:50 CET 2011

Hello Christophe,

have a look at our EAP-SIM with EAP-Identity via EAP-radius
example scenario:

http://www.strongswan.org/uml/testresults/ikev2/rw-eap-sim-id-radius/

Client "carol" defines both an IKEv2 and an EAP identity in ipsec.conf:

http://www.strongswan.org/uml/testresults/ikev2/rw-eap-sim-id-radius/carol.ipsec.conf

Gateway "moon" defines rightid with a wildcard (could also be %any)
and eap_identity=%any

http://www.strongswan.org/uml/testresults/ikev2/rw-eap-sim-id-radius/moon.ipsec.conf

What you probably forgot and causes the following error message

> 13[IKE] EAP-Identity request configured, but not supported

to be issued, is to load the eap-identity plugin on the server:

http://www.strongswan.org/uml/testresults/ikev2/rw-eap-sim-id-radius/moon.strongswan.conf

The command "ipsec statusall" should list the eap-identity plugin.

Best regards

Andreas

Andreas Steffen                         andreas.steffen at strongswan.org
CH-8640 Rapperswil (Switzerland)