[strongSwan] strongswan.conf dynamic change

Christophe Gouault christophe.gouault at 6wind.com
Thu Feb 24 16:01:01 CET 2011

Hi all,

I was just wondering if charon (or starter) can be made to reload the
strongswan.conf file in case it changed.

I guess this is complex, since the list of plugins or their
configuration may have changed and several plugins are configured when
they are loaded...

"ipsec reload" does not reload the strongswan.conf file.

Does another command enable to dynamically reload the strongswan.conf
(without tearing all sessions down), or am I condemned  to restart
charon (ipsec restart)?

Regards,
Christophe