[strongSwan] IKEv1 phase 1 and 2 timeouts

STRANSKY Rainer - Contractor rainer.stransky at external.thalesgroup.com
Thu Dec 1 10:34:46 CET 2011

Hi Andreas,

I found in the KAME project settings for their racoon ISAKMP daemon a Timer Specification section:
  Timer Specification
     timer { statements }
          This section specifies various timer values used by racoon.
          counter number;
              The maximum number of retries to send.  The default is 5.
          interval number timeunit;
              The interval to resend, in seconds.  The default time is
              10 seconds.
          persend number;
              The number of packets per send.  The default is 1.
==>       phase1 number timeunit;
              The maximum time it should take to complete phase 1.  The
              default time is 15 seconds.
==>       phase2 number timeunit;
              The maximum time it should take to complete phase 2.  The
              default time is 10 seconds.

The phase1 and phase2 timer seems to be complete preparation timer for all messages of the two IKE phases.
The default values are very near to the mention in the german "BSI IT-Grundgrundschutz-Kataloge" chapter M 5.149.
Are there similar values or fix default values in strongSwan ?

Regards

Rainer