[strongSwan] minor Makefile issue

David Spracklen david_spracklen at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 16 17:00:40 CEST 2011

While compiling parts of strongSwan 4.5.2 for a build, I ran into what might be a minor problem.  I needed tools enabled for libstrongswan, but kept both charon and pluto disabled because I only needed libraries for this particular build.

Having tools enabled also turned on USE_IPSEC_SCRIPT_TRUE (am_append_7)

However, the _copyright in this section requires libfreeswan which is compiled later in the tools set. (am_append_12) I had to put libfreeswan in the ipsec script compile set to get a full compilation working. Perhaps this usually isn't a problem because most of the time people will have either pluto or stroke enabled, which would mean that libfreeswan is compiled before the ipsec scripts need it.

Dave