[strongSwan] Windows Vista/7 issue

Nickola Kolev nikky at minus273.org
Tue Apr 26 20:07:47 CEST 2011

Hello Andreas,

On Tue, 26 Apr 2011 19:36:31 +0200
Andreas Steffen <andreas.steffen at strongswan.org> wrote:

> Have you set
>
>    rekey=no
>
> in the ipsec.conf of the strongSwan VPN gateway. Windows VPN clients
> don't like it if a gateway initiates a rekeying.

Yes, that is present in all versions of the config file I've tested
with, even with the one I've included in my first email.

For some reason today I have tried couple of times and I have
successfully ended by myself two five-hour sessions. There are no major
variations in the config file, besides type=tunnel and type=transport,
but the dpd* variables are the same.

Of course, in no case I think the problem is resolved, until I have
more successful sessions.

Any ideas?

--
Best regards,