[strongSwan] Web Application via Cisco ASA

John Cornett john.cornett at cox.net
Tue Apr 5 21:17:49 CEST 2011

We have a web application that we are now required to serve over a VPN to
one of our clients. Previously, we just used Apache serving the application
over SSL (port 443).

What we would like to do is serve this application normally as we do now,
and for users accessing the application through the VPN. We have no need to
provide file system access, only the web application needs to be provided.

Our web server is an Ubuntu 10.04 instance running strongSwan v4.3.2. The
client's connection will be with a Cisco ASA 5520 device and then via NAT on
their end.

ANY assistance in setting this up would be most appreciated!

John