[strongSwan] routing and bind interface

Andreas Muerdter am at tbits.net
Mon Sep 27 12:15:02 CEST 2010

Hi @all,

I use ikev1 with pluto, and have configured a vpn tunnel with 192.168/16. My internal IP address is 192.168.10.1. When I start strongswan, the clients behind the vpn gateway can not connect to the internal services and all traffic is routed into the VPN Tunnel.

I think this happens because of strongswan listen on all interfaces and the strongswan routing matches before the kernel routing.

Local Net                     VPN gateway        VPN tunnel 192.168.10.0/24<>192.168.0.0/16
|192.168.10.0/24| ---> |192.168.10.1| ===============>>      OTHER VPN GATEWAY

How can I bind pluto on only one interface? with "interface=eth1" it does not work.

Regards
Andreas