[strongSwan] FW: Is that a security Issue?

michalle OY michalle_oy at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 21 08:40:11 CEST 2010

Tobias,

Thanks for you clarification.

Yes, I use the Wireshark located at the same machine with StrongSwan.

I have other question about this. Why it only happens when the ESP protects a Tunnel mode IP traffic.

I have never seen that plain text under the transport model. And also does that means the

the Linux Kernal knows the SA Key which established between Strongswan and my implementation, otherwise

how it could decrypt the ESP packet.

Thanks

Michalle