[strongSwan] iphone xauth-PSK (received invalid IKE header)

Andreas Steffen andreas.steffen at strongswan.org
Fri Oct 29 20:57:37 CEST 2010

Hello Anthony,

two comments:

- XAUTH is a proprietary IKEv1 extension but the log that you are
  showing comes from the IKEv2 daemon. Please set

    config setup
         charonstart=no

    conn xauth-iphone
         keyexchange=ikev1

  in ipsec.conf and check for the log generated by the IKEv1 pluto
  daemon (grep pluto /var/log/*)

- The error message

    header verification failed

  means that something is awfully broken. (Which client are you using?
  The Cisco VPN client on the iphone???)

Regards

Andreas

Andreas Steffen                         andreas.steffen at strongswan.org