[strongSwan] Is IKEv2 + transport mode + NAT traversal supported?

Andreas Steffen andreas.steffen at strongswan.org
Tue Oct 5 23:08:49 CEST 2010

Hello,

The IKEv2 charon daemon does not support transport mode in the presence
of a NAT situation. The daemon automatically switches to tunnel mode.

The IKEv1 pluto daemon supports transport mode with NAT only with the
configure option --enable-nat-transport.

Regards

Andreas

Andreas Steffen                         andreas.steffen at strongswan.org
CH-8640 Rapperswil (Switzerland)