[strongSwan] logging to file via filelog in /etc/strongswan.conf is lagging and seems to have flusing problems

Christoph Anton Mitterer calestyo at scientia.net
Mon Oct 4 11:18:19 CEST 2010

On Mon, 04 Oct 2010 10:37:23 +0200, Martin Willi <martin at strongswan.org>
wrote:
> The filelog targets by default do not flush buffers to disk for
> performance reasons. Starting with 4.4.1, there is a new "flush_line"
> option to set for each filelog section. If set to yes, each line is
> flushed to disk.
Ah I see...

Well I think it should be _in any_ case secured, that only full lines are
flushed.
And it should be configurable to have them immediately flushed (which is
AFAIU what flush_line does, right?)
Guess both is needed to use the logging e.g. with things like fail2ban.

In addition it's of course nice, if one can choose a number of seconds,
after which flushes take place (but then also only full lines should go out
IMHO).

Thanks anyway :)

Chris.