[strongSwan] virtual interfaces for net to net tunneling (is it possible?)

Martin Willi martin at strongswan.org
Tue Nov 9 08:21:26 CET 2010

> It seems that dhcp broadcasts are not being received over the initial
>  IPsec tunnel, here are the logs.

There is no DHCP going on over the tunnel. The dhcp plugin acts as a
DHCP client on the local LAN to request an IP address for the connecting
client. This address is then passed to the client using IKE specific
methods.

> Is there a way I can get farp working without dhcp?

farp works completely independent from dhcp. It fakes ARP responses for
any virtual IP assigned to the client (static, from a pool, database or
dhcp server).