[strongSwan] strongSwan + Windows 7 + IKEv2 + MSCHAPv2 (Username and password)

Kerschbaum, Sven sven.kerschbaum at siemens.com
Tue May 11 09:02:09 CEST 2010

Good morgning everybody,

hope you had a nice and sunny weekend ;). After trying hard to resolve the issue of failing to allocate a SPI, I have now further ideas what is causing this error:

12[IKE] IKE_SA host-host[1] established between 192.168.10.90[C=DE, ST=Bavaria, O=Siemens, OU=andere, CN=ikeclient]...192.168.10.12[192.168.10.12]
12[IKE] peer requested virtual IP %any
12[CFG] assigning new lease to '192.168.10.12'
12[IKE] assigning virtual IP 10.10.3.1 to peer
12[IKE] allocating SPI failed
12[ENC] generating IKE_AUTH response 5 [ AUTH CP N(MOBIKE_SUP) N(NO_ADD_ADDR) N(NO_PROP) ]

Does anybody has an idea/hint/...?

Thanks in advance,
Sven

Mit freundlichem Gruß / Best regards

Sven Kerschbaum

Siemens AG
Industry Sector Industry Automation Division
mailto:sven.kerschbaum at siemens.com
http://www.siemens.com/automation

Siemens Aktiengesellschaft: Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Gerhard Cromme
Managing Board: Peter Loescher, Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer;
Wolfgang Dehen, Heinrich Hiesinger, Joe Kaeser, Barbara Kux, Hermann Requardt,
Siegfried Russwurm, Peter Y. Solmssen
Registered offices: Berlin and Munich;
Commercial registries: Berlin Charlottenburg, HRB 12300, Munich, HRB 6684
WEEE-Reg.-No. DE 23691322