[strongSwan] IPsecSA encrypting traffic from any destination

vivek bairathi bairathi.vivek at gmail.com
Fri May 7 11:20:54 CEST 2010

Hi,

I wanted to create an IPsec SA that would encrypt traffic from any
destination ( rightsubnet=  any ). However, the following configuration is
not accepted by strongswan:-

conn IpSecSSEPlane
        ikelifetime=24h
        keyexchange=ikev2
        keyingtries=%forever
        keylife=90m
        reauth=no
        rekey=yes
        mobike=no
        rekeymargin=2m
        ike=aes128-sha1-modp1024,3des-sha1-modp1024!
        esp=aes128-sha1-modp1024,3des-sha1-modp1024!
        authby=rsasig
        right=10.10.10.2
        left=20.20.20.21
*        leftsubnet=15.15.15.5/32*
*        rightsubnet=%any
*        leftprotoport=%any
        rightprotoport=%any
        leftcert=/home/vivek/vivek/latestdir1/BTScert.pem
        rightid=%any
        auto=add

Not specifying the rightsubnet. replaces it with right/32.

Can you let me know how can I specify a connection that would encrypt
traffic from any destination ( right subnet)

Thanks,
Vivek