[strongSwan] Help needed for Strongswan/iperf

senthilkumar senthilkumar at saitechnology.com
Fri Mar 12 06:44:41 CET 2010

Hi All,

I am having a doubt regarding IPv4/AH support using
strongswan. Currently i can generate IP/AH/ESP using
strongswan (version 4.3.3), but is it possible to generate
IP/AH/Transport layer protocols. I am trying to pump
IP/AH/UDP using iperf and the ipsec.conf file is given
below.

Can any one please tell me, whether this is feasible and if
it is so, then what are the changes i have to make in the
ipsec.conf file ??

ipsec.conf file
================

# ipsec.conf - strongSwan IPsec configuration file
# basic configuration
config setup
    charondebug="ike 4, knl 4, cfg 0, enc 4"
    plutostart=yes
    charonstart=no

# Add connections here.
conn ipsec
    #ikelifetime=1m
    left=192.168.1.40
    #leftsubnet=192.168.20.102/32
    leftsourceip=192.168.1.40
    #right=%any
    right=192.168.1.30
    #rightsubnet=192.168.20.76/32
    rightsourceip=192.168.1.30
    #rightid="C=IN, CN=saitechclient"
    keyexchange=ikev1
    authby=secret
    auth=ah
    type=transport
    leftprotoport=5001
    rightprotoport=5001
    auto=start

I am running iperf on port 5001.

If this can be achieved then, i will move a step ahead in
testing my module

Regards
Senthil .