[strongSwan] Trouble compiling StrongSWAN 4.4.0 on FreeBSD 8.1-PRERELEASE on amd64

Tobias Brunner tobias at strongswan.org
Tue Jun 15 15:39:28 CEST 2010

Hi Holger,

> I've read the instructions at
> http://wiki.strongswan.org/projects/strongswan/wiki/FreeBSD

As you've probably seen, this currently covers only FreeBSD 7.x and its NAT-T
patches.  With the inclusion of NAT-T in FreeBSD 8 some details have changed.

For instance, the SADB_X_NAT_T_NEW_MAPPING event is not supported:

> kernel_pfkey_ipsec.c:1141: error: 'SADB_X_NAT_T_NEW_MAPPING'
> undeclared (first use in this function)

I've commited a patch for this to master (see [1]).  Then there is a problem
with the handling of ports when NAT-T is actually used, which is resolved with
another patch (see [2]).

> Nevertheless, I still had to add
> #include <stdint.h>
> to src/libcharon/config/child_cfg.c
> in order to proceed further, since UINT64_MAX wasn't declared.

Thanks, fixed in [3].

If you find anything else, let me know.

Regards,
Tobias