[strongSwan] Can charon pass through unknown EAP methods with eap-radius authentication?

Andreas Steffen andreas.steffen at strongswan.org
Thu Jul 15 18:49:11 CEST 2010

Hello Christophe,

in principle the strongSwan server-side eap-radius plugin relays
any EAP protocol to and from a remote RADIUS server (even vendor-
specific and unsupported methods) because the eap-radius plugin
does not inspect and process the information embedded in the
generic EAP messages. Thus EAP-TLS and EAP-FRAP should pass through
smoothly (Martin, please contradict me if this isn't true ;-)  )

Best regards

Andreas

Andreas Steffen                         andreas.steffen at strongswan.org
CH-8640 Rapperswil (Switzerland)