[strongSwan] Query regarding a particular scenario

vivek bairathi bairathi.vivek at gmail.com
Wed Jul 14 08:25:09 CEST 2010

Hi All,

I have a query regarding a scenario. The scenario is as following:-

 My implementation: On changing of a parameter in ipsec.conf I first bring
down the SA, update the configuration and then bring it up again.

So, when I connect to a Security Gateway(SGW), I make an SA and start the
traffic flow. but if in between the configuration changes on my side I bring
down the SA. Now as the traffic is still flowing through Security
Gateway(SGW) It will again create an SA before the updation of the new
configuration in the strongswan ikev2 stack which is wrong. As, now the SA
has been created with wrong configuration.

Q. Do we have any parameter in IKEv2 stack which says that no more
connections are taken after a particular number of connections?
If yes then whats the parameter name? If no then can you tell me how to
resolve this problem?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Regards,
Vivek