[strongSwan] Windows 7 Bug ?

Martin Willi martin at strongswan.org
Mon Jul 12 14:38:43 CEST 2010

Hi,

> But where strongswan fills in the EAP username 'ctompers' as ID, which
> is perfectly logical to me, Windows 7 puts its local IP '10.0.0.101'.

It is not a bug, but yes, Windows 7 uses the local IP address as IDi,
whereas strongSwan copies the EAP username to the IKE identity.

I've heard that SP1 for Windows 7 provides additional options for the
IDi, but I don't know any details.

> Is there maybe a config tweak to see the EAP username for Windows 7
> clients as well ?

Not at this stage. The configuration selection uses the IKE identities.
The EAP-Identity is not known yet, but we need a configuration that says
we should use EAP to authenticate the client.

The EAP-Identity is shown in "ipsec statusall".