[strongSwan] Potential bug in DPD implementation?

Andreas Steffen andreas.steffen at strongswan.org
Thu Jul 8 18:11:31 CEST 2010

Hi Julian,

the ipsec output on your link doesn't show any active connections

   newest ISAKMP SA: #0; newest IPsec SA: #0;

but just the connection definition itself. So please don't go
around shouting that DPD is broken. IP address update via DNS
lookup is not a built-in feature of the standard pluto daemon.
Thus either Vyatta added some special functionality or it is
done via periodically invoking the ipsec update command which
reloads the configuration.

Regards

Andreas

Andreas Steffen                         andreas.steffen at strongswan.org