[strongSwan] Please help - Using strongSwan to connect to CheckPoint VPN-1

Andreas Steffen andreas.steffen at strongswan.org
Sun Feb 28 13:12:09 CET 2010

Hi,

as far as I know, the CheckPoint VPN gateway does not support the IKEv2
protocol. Therefore you can't use the strongSwan NetworkManager plugin
to set up a connection.

The CheckPoint VPN gateway most probably will use IKEv1 and XAUTH.
The first thing to find out is whether IKEv1 Main Mode is used
by the CheckPoint box since strongSwan does not support the
potentially insecure IKEv1 Aggressive Mode. If Main Mode is
possible then you can configure strongSwan's IKEv1 pluto daemon
via /etc/ipsec.conf.

Best regards

Andreas

Andreas Steffen                         andreas.steffen at strongswan.org