[strongSwan] Several "cannot open shared object file" lines in charon.log

Martin Willi martin at strongswan.org
Thu Feb 18 11:14:29 CET 2010

Hi,

> Any idea what's happening , beside the file missing ?

This means that you have configured plugins that are not available on
your system. Either the compiled in default list contains not installed
plugins, or you have configured plugins in strongswan.conf that are not
available.

> /usr/lib/ipsec/plugins/libstrongswan-gcm.so: cannot open shared object

GCM plugin for IKE? No, we currently don't have such a plugin. Seems
that your charon.load directive in strongswan.conf contains an invalid
plugin list. This is meant to change the list of plugins to load, but
usually you don't have to set this parameter manually.

The Ubuntu/Debian packages use the openssl plugin to provide
cryptographic services via OpenSSL.

> Another question would be if AES-GCM is supported on any of the Linux
> 2.6.x kernels.

Yes, GCM/CCM are support starting with ~ 2.6.25.