[strongSwan] length of TRANSFORM_ATTRIBUTE substructure list invalid

Martin Willi martin at strongswan.org
Mon Dec 20 10:49:02 CET 2010

Hi Bijan,

> Could you please find the reason why it is not responding?

The transform attribute encoding of the AES_CBC transform looks
completely wrong. I'd expect a key-length attribute.

>   parsing rule 0 ATTRIBUTE_FORMAT
>    => 0

The AF flag is not set, indicating that the length-or-value field
contains the length of additionally appended data. The key-length
attribute would encode the value directly, hence sets this flag to 1.

>   parsing rule 1 ATTRIBUTE_TYPE
>    => 7424
>   parsing rule 2 ATTRIBUTE_LENGTH_OR_VALUE
>    => 128

The type is not key-length (14), and the only thing correct is probably
the value (but is actually interpreted as length).

You should discuss this issue with Juniper.