[strongSwan] strongswan/L2TP and NAT-T transport with both NATed

Benoit Foucher benoit at bittrap.com
Tue Dec 14 10:04:39 CET 2010

Hi Victor,

I found a workaround for this INVALID_HASH_INFORMATION error by hacking strongSwan's code but I doubt it's really correct (and I'm running into another issue after :(). The problem is that raccoon and strongSwan don't compute the HASH on the same data (raccoon doesn't includes NAT-OA in the hash computation whereas strongSwan does).

See:

  https://lists.strongswan.org/pipermail/users/2010-December/005712.html

It would be good to figure out whether or not this is a strongSwan or raccoon issue. If it's the later I'll submit a bug where appropriate.

Cheers,
Benoit