[strongSwan] Charon: Limit the Number of SAs that can be created with same Traffic Selectors

Sajal Malhotra sajalmalhotra at gmail.com
Mon Dec 6 12:21:51 CET 2010

Hi,

I am using Strongswan Charon (IKEv2) stack. Just wanted to know if there is
*any limit *that we can put on the number of CHILD SAs that can be created
using the *same Traffic Selectors.*
Actually I have a limited memory in my system and hence cannot afford to
have uncountable SAs being created with same TS.

Also, what is the handling done by charon if the kernel returns failure
because it is unable to install SAD or SPD due to insufficient  memory
space.

Is there a way to stop charon from creating multiple CHILD SA with same TS

Thanks and Regards
Sajal